Today, August 28th, MAC came out with a new, highly anticipated limited edition collection, the MAC x Marge to celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Simpsons!
As you can see, the collection has a fun and colourful packaging and it’s dedicated, in particular, to Marge.
How is this collection composed?
The Mac x Marge Simpsons collection features two eye palettes (with four shadows each), a pair of false lashes, two blushes, nail lacquel stickers and four lipglasses.
- Let’s start with something that they have in the stable collection: the lashes! The pair of false eyelashes featured in this collection is the well-known 7 Lash style. These are
very natural, but flirty. They’re quite spikey and with a natural length. These are perfect to achieve Marge’s lash style!
- The first Simpsons’ Powder Blush of this collection is called Pink Sprinkles and it’s a cold toned pink with a hint of blue, almost lilac. I totally see this performing amazingly on pale girls! The second one is called Sideshow You and is a light peachy/coral shade that goes well on almost anyone.
- The Simpsons Tinted Lipglasses come in four shades: Nacho Cheese Explosion, a vibrant yellow/lime that i can’t really see working well with all skintones, Grand Pumpkin, a warm orange shade (same opinion as for Nacho Cheese Explosion, but more wearable), Red Blazer, a pink/fuchsia and Itchy & Scratchy & Sexy, a blue undertoned purple. They are not extremely pigmented, but i look forward Red Blazer and Itchy & Scratchy & Sexy!
- Then, we have the Nail Sticker with a the Simpson Print that you can see above.
- Both palettes are composed by four eyeshadows. The first one of the two Marge Eye Palettes is called That Trillion Dollar Look Quad and green is the key colour.It is composed by: Lisa’s Spikes, a frost yellow/lime green, Apple Squishee, a frost lime green, 2 Dozen and One Greyhounds, a veluxe pearl olive green and Chalckbold Dreams,a velvet deep dark teal/black.
- The second palette Marge Eye Palette is called Marge’s Extra Ingredients Quad and key colours are Blue, Pink and Purple. It’s composed by Harpooned Heart, a lustre baby pink, Sexy PB & J, a veluxe pearl bright purple, Beehive Blue, a veluxe pearl bright royal blue and Vivacious Vacuum Cleaner Bag, a frost dark navy blue.
7 Lash – US$18.50 (1.5$ more than the one of the stable collection)
Powder Blushes – 6 g / 0.21 US oz US$24.00
Tinted Lipglasses – 4.8 g / 0.17 oz US$16.50
Nail Stickers – US$16.50
Eye Palettes – 5.6 g / 0.19 US oz US$44.00
When it comes out?
August 28th online and September 4th in the stores.
Hopefully i’ll post some swatches soon!
Follow me at www.instagram.com/sparkleoflight