Another exciting MAC Limited Edition is about to come out! James Gager himself, MAC Senior Vice President and Group Creative Director approached the the gorgeous 80/90’s fashion Icon Brooke Shields to create the biggest MAC Icon collection ever, the MAC x Brooke Shields.
This collection is not only the bigger of the Icons, but it’s the one with the biggest eyeshadow palette!It features both new limited edition products and permanent items.
How is this collection composed?
- Bronzing Powder ($27.50 US/$33.00 CDN): comes in the shade Scone, not too orange and not too cold. It’s the perfect neutral colour to warm up the face. Definitely for light to medium, especially, skin tones.
- Crème Color Base ($31.00 US/$37.00 CDN): in the shade Cherished. As you may know, this kind of product is very versatile. It can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips and under the foundation too. This shade is described as a bright coral pink/soft burgundy rose.
- Cremeblend Blush Duo ($31.00 US/$37.00 CDN) : it comes in two shades, a burgundy and a coral. They’re the perfect match for the MAC x Brooke Lipsticks and Lipglasses!
- Lipsticks ($22.00 US/$26.50 CDN): Gospel and Excite. Gospel is a sheer rich burgundy (lustre) and Excite is a bright orange red (cremesheen).
- Lipglasses ($22.00 US/$26.50 CDN): Artful and Knockout. Artful is a coral and Knockout is a bright orange red, perfect match, again, with the Cremeblend and Excite.
- Nail Lacquer ($22.00 US/$26.00 CDN): Comes in two shades. Dignity (crème), a soft coral, and Pricey (crème), a deep burgundy shade. Once again, they match the lipsticks and the cremeblend.
- Veluxe Brow Liner ($20.00 US/$24.00 CDN): in the shade Brunette, a midtone grey.
- Brow Set ($17.00 US/$20.00 CDN): comes with a clear brow gel.
- Opulash Optimum Mascara ($17.00 US/$20.00 CDN) in Black.
- Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow ($44.00 US/$52.50 CDN) in Mortal and Trusted Instinct. The Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow is palette composed by five complementary shades that “glide on and blend beautifully”. They range from “matte to highly pearlized finish”. One palette is based on pink and soft neutral hues, perfect for the day. The other palette is based on grey and purple, definitely darker, but not too much.
- Gravitas Eyeshadow Palette ($110 US/$132 CDN)
- Top Row L-R : Pretty Soft golden peach beige (satin), Soft Brown Soft golden peach brown (matte), Expensive Pink Pink with duochrome (veluxe pearl), Clove midtone golden brown (satin), Satin Taupe Taupe with siver shimmer (frost).
- Middle Row L-R : Canter Soft neutral gold (frost), Luscious Neutral bronze (frost), Antiqued Ash brown with bronze (veluxe pearl), Psych Shimmering golden olive (frost), Carbon Intense black (matte).
- Bottom Row L-R: Shroom Soft beige with shimmer (satin), Persuade Midtone cool grey brown (matte), Plummed Shimmering dark plum (veluxe pearl), Lofty Cool blackened brown (satin), Pepper Dark charcoal (velvet).
What I Like about this Collection
First of all, the fact that Brooke herself stated that “so many times you get asked to ‘create’ something, but it ends up being ‘put your face on this.’ I got to run with this, and I loved every detail of it. I loved being a part of the process and having my taste incorporated into it”.
I also appreciated that this collecton has two “sides”. The conception behind the Brooke Shields for MAC stays in the fact that every woman has a sweet side and a sexy side. Part of the collection is based on neutral colours or, at least, suitable for the day colours and that part of the collection is sultrier and way bolder without being too much. “Every woman we know, even if they have a predominant style, definitely has two sides,” said Shields. “So we decided to highlight the richness of both of those.”
The two key colours of the collection, exception made for the neutral colours, are orange and burgundy, perfect for fall!
Another thing that I like about it is that the eyeshadow palette features some of the best shadows they have and the whole palette is a great deal in terms of money!
The Mac Brooke Shields collection comes out on October 2nd in the USA and Canada and will be avaiable in stores and online, later internationally.
Courtesy of WWD and MAC
follow me at www.instagram.com/sparkleoflight