The Artist Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills has been a big highlight of this past summer both on Instagram and YouTube.
Here’s how it’s described on the Anastasia‘s online store:
This limited-edition, fashion-forward eye shadow kit is the ultimate makeup artist’s palette. Twelve heavily-pigmented shades ranging from a neutral dusty rose to a dramatic emerald green—deliver smooth, intense color so you can create an endless array of looks.
Here’s how it’s described on the Sephora website:
From velvety to matte to shimmery, the Anastasia Artist Palette lets you flaunt highly-pigmented eye shades. As an artist, Anastasia was drawn to developing a palette that spoke to summertime’s bright colors. This palette features ultra-pigmented eye shadows that impart true-color and the season’s bright, eye-popping hues.
This palette is composed by twelve eyeshadows (one is part of the permanent line) with different textures. You can find some matte shades, some velvety shades and some shimmery/metallic (especially when wet) shades.
Starting from top row L-R:
- Dusty Rose is described as a “soft, satiny mauve”, great as a transition shade or alone. This is the only shade belonging to the permanent eyeshadow range. It is comparable to Nooner, a mat shadow from UD Naked 3 palette.
- Aubergine is described as a “moody, eggplant purple”, a purple with an evident warm brown base.
- Anaconda is described as a “sparkling, jungle green”. It kinda looks like the less saturated, but more pigmented and shimmery version of MAC’s Humid eyeshadow.
- Punch Fuschia is described as a “vibrant orchid hue” and it’s exactly it.
- Buttery is described as a “matte, buildable beige”. It’s very light and on fair skin tones may not stand out that much, but it’s a great shadow base for the blending process.
- Blue Velvet is described as a “deep, intense navy”. It’s a very dark blue shade.
- Coal is described as a “sultry, inky black” and it’s exactly it.
- Unicorn is described as a “shimmering periwinkle”, a beautiful shade in between a royal blue and a lilac purple.
- Phresh is described as a “vibrant, happy yellow” and it’s definitely the Minions yellow (lol).
- Baby, I’m a Star is described as a “copper-flecked brown”, a gorgeous warm brown.
- Orange You Fancy is described as a “fiery, burnt orange”. It’s a bright shimmery orange.
- Beigely is described as a “glimmering, neutral greige”. It’s a shimmery neutral to warm taupish grey.
With a good eyeshadow base, eyeshadows are vibrant, almost all of them are well pigmented and blend nicely.
The packaging is slim, perfect to carry around and features some of the main bright colors of the palette, Unicorn, Phresh and Punch Fuchsia and Blue Velvet. It’s a cardboard palette, contains a double ended brush and it’s provided with a large mirror on the inside.
Where can i find it? Price?
The Artist Palette retails for $30.00. You can find it at:
Other Articles on Anastasia
If you want to, just to have an idea, you can check out some articles on other eyeshadow palettes by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Shadow Couture Palette
Not on the blog, but that’s the Amrezy Palette:
Come follow me on Instagram! www.instagram.com/sparkleoflight 😀