On the 25th, House of Lashes added to their collection a brand new product, Lash Story.
What is Lash Story? Here’s how it’s described on the HOL official website:
“Need more space for your lash stash? Our Lash Story book is a must have for any makeup enthusiast or professional! Our chic Lash Story book holds 10 pairs of lashes and a special spot for our Mini Lash Adhesive Set. A wonderful keepsake to add to your Lash Library, your lashes will be stored safely and in style. With magnetic closures this book is easy to open, close, and transport comfortably fitting in your overnight or carry all makeup bags. Made from paper and plastic products, fully recyclable”.
I love my falsies, I care about them, I want them to be “safe” in their boxes, but when they’re all together, it can be hard, if you’re in a hurry, to find the lashes you want to wear and, when it comes to organizing them, I realize that the lash boxes can take up a lot of space.
Lash Story is a false lashes organizer, that allows you to safely store (and quickly find) your lashes, without having to worry about and deal with all the false lashes boxes.
Lash Story looks like a book (love this idea!) and holds up to 10 pairs of lashes and the two mini glues from the Mini Lash Adhesive Set. It’s made of recyclable paper and plastic and has a magnetic closure.
Lash Story saves Continue reading
When testing out products, I can definitely tell that I like something, when I start using it on repeat or when i tend to go back to it every time i’m putting my makeup on.
This happened with the Flaming Love Palette by Makeup Addiction.
If you check some of my work, you can definitely tell that i’m into brows and graphic eyeliners, but that i’m also in love with being creative, especially with colors. Something you may not know yet is that I’m totally into pigmented, matte and warm undertoned eyeshadows too, so you can do the math and understand why i genuinely and honestly love this palette so much.
Palette Composition and Shades
“The ‘Flaming Love‘ eyeshadow palette consists of 8 highly pigmented shadows, with a range of warm earthy tones and metallic colours which compliment each other”.
The palette is composed by eight eyeshadows that I personally consider as pressed pigments. As for the finishes, three are matte, while the other have a metallic finish. Two of the metallic ones have a nice duo chrome effect.
Yes, i broke that eyeshadow, but works perfectly 🙂
- Whisper – “Metallic beige, think champagne”. It’s a perfect highlighting shade for lids, inner corners and cheekbones too.
- Goldilocks – “True gold, think treasure. It has a metallic finish”. What i love about it is that it’s a warmer gold, not too cold and not too “antique”.
- Belize – “Metallic turquoise, think peacock”. This is one of those shades that make you immediately think about summer and i love to combine it with Goldilocks and Savannah Desert.
- Amethyst – “Duo chrome purple, think jewels. It has a metallic finish”. It’s a lovely metallic purple shade with a light hint of blue and magenta.
- Eden – “Duo chrome pink with gold flecks, think rose gold”. Eden may look like a average metallic pink, but it has a lovely gold touch to it.
- Flaming kisses – “Matte burgundy red, think rusty”. It’s definitely a great shade to deepen the crease. If blended lightly, it gives a lovely warm and reddish touch to any look. If fully applied, it gets pretty dark. Love it!
- Savannah Desert – “Matte orange based brown, think earth”. Same ad Flaming Kisses, but instead of warm and reddish touch, it provides more of a warm and orange one.
- Brownie – “Matte dark brown, think chocolate”. It’s the darkest and with this one you can deepen any look. It’s not a black, but a very dark brown and has a neutral to warm undertone.
After quite some time of testing, i want to talk about these new releases from Makeup Addiction Cosmetics.
Makeup Addiction Cosmetics keeps expanding their product range, adding to their permanent individual brushes and brush sets false lashes, tweezers, limited edition brush sets and makeup.
If you’re interested, I already talked about their Pigments here and i’m going to post a new article tomorrow on the Flaming Love eyeshadow palette.
They released four lash styles, ranging from natural to dramatic.
Date Night is by far my favorite! It’s a wispy, elegant lash that basically provides a medium length and a light to medium volume. Lashes increase in length outwards, adding a nice and natural elongation to the eyes. These are perfect for every occasion, suitable for daytime wear and are a great option for those of you who don’t really aim for a dramatic or false looking effect.
Parisian Glam is the second most natural lash style of the four, described as a”semi natural lash” indeed. It’s longer and fuller than Date Night. I really like this one, because it’s perfect for a night out or basically any occasion where you want to look polished and glam, without going too dramatic.
With MesmerEyes we step into the “soft dramatic” level. It’s obvious Continue reading