On my Instagram i often get asked about the brushes i use to achieve my looks.
I really like to switch products and try new things to see what works best for me, but there are things that I always tend to reach for and there are four brushes that I basically use every single time and that are part of this set.
This is the Ultimate Eye Set by Makeup Addiction Cosmetics and is composed by twelve pieces, some made of synthetic fibers an some made of natural hair. Let’s take a closer look!
- Duo Fibre Blender – Described as a “soft domed tapered blending brush designed for sweeping colour back & forth for a well diffused effect”. It’s a very nice brush for a diffused and soft blending.
- Smudge – Described as a “short rounded brush very effective for creating a smokey effect by smudging shadow or liner on the upper & lower lash line”. This is one of my favorites! Love this to apply and blend the eyeshadow on the lower lashline to obtain a very nice “grungy” effect. I also use it to smudge and diffuse creamy khols or to apply wet pigments on the lid.
- Large Shader – Described as a “soft but firm bristles perfect for applying eyeshadow swiftly and evenly onto the lid”. This is another favorite! I use this to apply eyeshadow, concealer and powder to set the under-eye concealer.
- Medium Shader – Described as a “short & dense bristles are for specific colour placement on the lid”. Love this one! It’s and does exactly what it’s described!
- Angled Shader – Described as a “slightly angled brush that can be used for applying highlight under the brows & creating an outer v”. Nice brush to blend and diffuse shadows.
- Diffused Blender – Described as a “long rounded blender perfect to sweep colour onto the upper crease for a well transitioned effect”. I use it after the Controlled Blender one to ceate a nice transition.
- Controlled Blender – Described as a “this slightly firm and flat brush is designed to control blending of colour”. I usually blend shadows on the crease with this one.
- Tapered Crease – Described as a “small crease brush perfect to softly blend colour onto the crease”. This is a very useful brush that packs on perfectly the eyeshadow on the areas you want to darken.
- Precision Crease -Described as a “small soft domed brush is ideal for precisely applying colour to the crease & highlighting the inner corner of the eyes”. It’s a very nice pencil brush that packs on color precisely. I often use it to blend the pencil and to highlight the lid.
- Precision Shader – Described as a “mini shader brush perfect for precise colour application”. This is a favorite! I always use it to apply wet pigments or shadows on the lid. It’s great!
- Flat Definer – Described as a “straight & firm bristles allow precise shaping of the brows, lining & defining the eyes”. It has a very nice dense consistency and i love this one to define the lower lash line or smudge the eyeliner.
- Small Angle – Described as a “flat shaped angled tip is perfect to create precise liner with gels & defining the brows”. This is my absolute favorite! You know that i’m into graphic eyeliner looks and i often use this one for my Instagram! I even use it for the brows! Love it!
Each brush is packed individually. The set comes is this handy faux leather bag:
Price and Availability
You can purchase the brushes here for £65.00. It’s a very good deal, because you get 12 brushes for less than £6 each and a faux leather bag (worth £7).
Makeup Addiction Related:
Come check me out on Instagram at @sparkleoflight 🙂