On the 9th of December Makeup Addiction released an exciting collection for this festive season, the Bedazzled Holiday Collection!
The collection is composed by three pigments and two glitters:
- Gold Rush is described as a “snow white with gold glitter. This iridescent duo chrome glitter pigment colour looks white in the jar but it has beautiful gold reflects when applied to the skin. The rich and almost foiled effect texture allow it to glide smoothly on the lid, especially when using a water based mixing medium”.
- Antique Bronze is described as a “bronze metallic glitter. This iridescent glitter pigment colour shows the true definition of bronze”.
- Venetian Gold is described as a “duochrome green with gold reflect. This unique reflective duo chrome colour has a moss green and gold shift which transcends beautifully in the light”.
- Coppertone is described as a “true shimmery copper. This colour certainly reminds us of a rich jewel toned copper. The rich texture allows it to glide smoothly on the lid, so no hustling with this one!”.
- Gold Diamond is described as a “multidimensional gold. This multidimensional gold wears its name well. It is true diamond gold!”.
Back in September I talked about a very interesting highlighter palette, the Holy Glow Vol.1 by a brand that I really admire and happily support, Makeup Addiction Cosmetics.
Now it’s time for me to talk about the Vol. 2!
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
“The Holy Glow Vol 2 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body”.
- Pink Flamingo – Described as an “iridescent reflective pink duochrome”, Pink Flamingo is an amazing duochrome shade! It’s a light pink with a soft lilac sheen.
- Champagne Fizz – Described as a “soft peachy champagne”, Champagne Fizz is a classic pink/peachy highlighter. Love to layer this one on top of the blush.
- Mermaid Mist – Described as a “light reflecting white with green sheen”, Mermaid Mist is for me the most exciting shade on the palette with Pink Flamingo. It has a pearl white base with a mint green sheen. So lovely .
- Sunset Bronze – Described as a “luminous golden bronze”, Sunset Bronze has an outstanding pigmentation and is a very luminous bronze, perfect for the deeper skin tones.
L-R: Champagne Fizz, Pink Flamingo, Mermaid Mist and Sunset Bronze (sunlight).
A few weeks ago I got the chance to try something new, two pressed glitters from DLB Cosmetics.
DLB cosmetics manufactures large pressed glitter eyeshadow compacts in many unique and desirable colors. These pressed glitter eyeshadows are made with 100% all natural vegan ingredients which include isopropyl alcohol, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera, and shea butter. The one of a kind formula that all DLB cosmetics consist of allows the vibrantly pigmented pressed glitter eyeshadow to be applied smoothly and seamlessly, making the use of any additional glitter adhesives unnecessary. For best results, we recommend you apply your pressed glitter eyeshadow with a small firm makeup brush. A free gift is included with every purchase.
I received this sample and a little gift (always included in every purchase).
DLB Cosmetics offers 22 different individual colors to choose from, ranging from greens to pinks and from neutrals to basically any color you may need. They also created 2 multicolor shades (limited editions).
I tested it for quite a while now, as you can see.
The pressed glitters I got are in the shades Deep Sea (the blue one) and Flamingo (the pink one that I absolutely adore). The double pan I’m showing in the pictures is only a sample, but each compact comes only in a large pan of 36 mm and a clear lid.
I love the fact that you don’t have to use a glitter glue, because it has a creamy texture that allows the glitters to adhere to the skin, without having to worry about the fall out.
Here’s a look I created for my Instagram page that features Deep Sea on the bottom lash line (other looks with them are coming soon) :
The pigmentation is actually pretty nice, because Continue reading