On the 9th of December Makeup Addiction released an exciting collection for this festive season, the Bedazzled Holiday Collection!
The collection is composed by three pigments and two glitters:
- Gold Rush is described as a “snow white with gold glitter. This iridescent duo chrome glitter pigment colour looks white in the jar but it has beautiful gold reflects when applied to the skin. The rich and almost foiled effect texture allow it to glide smoothly on the lid, especially when using a water based mixing medium”.
- Antique Bronze is described as a “bronze metallic glitter. This iridescent glitter pigment colour shows the true definition of bronze”.
- Venetian Gold is described as a “duochrome green with gold reflect. This unique reflective duo chrome colour has a moss green and gold shift which transcends beautifully in the light”.
- Coppertone is described as a “true shimmery copper. This colour certainly reminds us of a rich jewel toned copper. The rich texture allows it to glide smoothly on the lid, so no hustling with this one!”.
- Gold Diamond is described as a “multidimensional gold. This multidimensional gold wears its name well. It is true diamond gold!”.
Back in September I talked about a very interesting highlighter palette, the Holy Glow Vol.1 by a brand that I really admire and happily support, Makeup Addiction Cosmetics.
Now it’s time for me to talk about the Vol. 2!
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
“The Holy Glow Vol 2 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body”.
- Pink Flamingo – Described as an “iridescent reflective pink duochrome”, Pink Flamingo is an amazing duochrome shade! It’s a light pink with a soft lilac sheen.
- Champagne Fizz – Described as a “soft peachy champagne”, Champagne Fizz is a classic pink/peachy highlighter. Love to layer this one on top of the blush.
- Mermaid Mist – Described as a “light reflecting white with green sheen”, Mermaid Mist is for me the most exciting shade on the palette with Pink Flamingo. It has a pearl white base with a mint green sheen. So lovely .
- Sunset Bronze – Described as a “luminous golden bronze”, Sunset Bronze has an outstanding pigmentation and is a very luminous bronze, perfect for the deeper skin tones.
L-R: Champagne Fizz, Pink Flamingo, Mermaid Mist and Sunset Bronze (sunlight).
A few weeks ago I got the chance to try something new, two pressed glitters from DLB Cosmetics.
DLB cosmetics manufactures large pressed glitter eyeshadow compacts in many unique and desirable colors. These pressed glitter eyeshadows are made with 100% all natural vegan ingredients which include isopropyl alcohol, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera, and shea butter. The one of a kind formula that all DLB cosmetics consist of allows the vibrantly pigmented pressed glitter eyeshadow to be applied smoothly and seamlessly, making the use of any additional glitter adhesives unnecessary. For best results, we recommend you apply your pressed glitter eyeshadow with a small firm makeup brush. A free gift is included with every purchase.
I received this sample and a little gift (always included in every purchase).
DLB Cosmetics offers 22 different individual colors to choose from, ranging from greens to pinks and from neutrals to basically any color you may need. They also created 2 multicolor shades (limited editions).
I tested it for quite a while now, as you can see.
The pressed glitters I got are in the shades Deep Sea (the blue one) and Flamingo (the pink one that I absolutely adore). The double pan I’m showing in the pictures is only a sample, but each compact comes only in a large pan of 36 mm and a clear lid.
I love the fact that you don’t have to use a glitter glue, because it has a creamy texture that allows the glitters to adhere to the skin, without having to worry about the fall out.
Here’s a look I created for my Instagram page that features Deep Sea on the bottom lash line (other looks with them are coming soon) :
The pigmentation is actually pretty nice, because Continue reading
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and House of Lashes came out with a new lash style called Knockout to raise awareness on this disease.
“Knockout your next makeup look with House of Lashes NEW Knockout lashes! During the month of October, House of Lashes is teaming up with Keep a Breast to KNOCKOUT Breast Cancer! With the purchase of every Knockout lash, House of Lashes will donate $1 to the Keep a Breast Foundation.
Full density with medium volume, these false lashes have a rounded tapered style that are stacked & multi dimensional. The perfect way to K.O. your makeup look giving off the appearance of rounded and gorgeous eyes sure to defeat whatever the day or night might bring you! Varied lengths across this lash provide a dense yet natural appearance making these lashes easy to transition from day to night!
Hand made from 100% cruelty-free synthetic hair.
The Knockout lashes are part of one the permanent lines, the Premium Luxe.
They provide medium length and volume. The lash band isn’t clear, but still very flexible and the lashes feel very lightweight throughout the wear.
I really like their versatility, because you can either go for a natural look or a more night appropriate one with them, depending from how natural or dramatic you go for with your make up. Continue reading
Some time ago I got the chance to try some lashes by Canadian brand Model 21 Lashes.
I tried three different styles, the #6, #08 and #19 lashes.
Each pack of lashes contains 10 pairs, thing that I think is very convenient for users, especially professionals.
The #6 lashes can almost be considered corner lashes. They’re long (especially in the end) volumizing and provide a nice elongation to the eyes. They’re short compared to my lashline.
The glue excess is easily removable.
The #6 lashes have a nice criss cross pattern and are lightweight.
I recommend these corner lashes to people with medium/long lashes, because the transition from real to fake would otherwise be too evident; however, I like to use individual false lashes to help them blend in better.
Out of all Continue reading
I recently talked about some new Makeup Addiction Releases like the Meadow Palette and the Light Reflecting Loose Powder in Turkish Delight. Another newly released product is the Holy Glow Vol.1 Highlighter Palette.
Here’s how it’s described on the official website:
“The Holy Glow Vol 1 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body.”
- White Diamond – Described as a “silver reflective diamond white“, White Diamond is a cool white highlighter that resembles the shine of a pearl. Love this one, since my skin is light and it’s an amazing inner corner highlight .
- Pink Champagne – Described as a “pearlescent pink with gold“, Pink Champagne is almost a coral highlighter with hints on pink and gold. On deeper skin tones it looks amazing, I use it where the highlighter meets my blush to create a very subtle transition and I personally love it as an eyeshadow too.
- Golden Beam – Described as a “light reflecting gold with white sheen”, Golden Beam is a light gold highlighter, that I like to place under white diamond to create a more dimensional effect.
- Sun Kissed – Described as a “radiant metallic champagne“, Sun Kissed is a lovely champagne color. It looks awesome on a warm bronzed look paired with Golden Beam.
The newest addiction to the Loose Reflecting Loose Powder line from Makeup Addiction is this beautiful shade called Turkish Delight.
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
“What is it all about? This peachy rose gold hued highlighter will provide you with the true definition of a beautiful glow! Accentuate your face’s favourite features by placing the product where you would like the light to bounce from your face. Dust powder lightly with our Multitasker brush on top of your shoulders and cleavage to accentuate them. Makeup Addiction tipUse with our Multitasker brush About Makeup Addiction Pigments This perfect blend of light reflecting pigments are perfect for strobing and achieving a luminous sheen.
They can be used on the face or body. They are all cruelty-free and are never tested on animals.
These pigments are Talc and paraben free. Pigment weight is 12G/ 0.42 oz.”
When the original line was released, they immediately caught my attention. I literally fell in love with all shades, especially Mermaid Beam (love at first sight!) and when I got Turkish Delight I had the chance to actually feel and play with the amazing consistency this highlighter has and it’s jawdropping. And this rose gold is gorgeous, seriously.
It has a very fine consistency and it’s extremely pigmented.