I want to share with you how I like to keep my lashes organized and how I do carry them around in my kit.
This article may be interesting for you, if you want to keep your false lashes organized in your vanity, in your travel bag and/or in your professional makeup kit.
Everytime I go out with falsies on, I carry one of my Precious Gem Lash Cases (you can find it here ), so I can bring the glue, the tweezers and other little useful things, just in case. It’s even provided with a mirror.
It can be a good idea for travelling too. You can safely bring your favorite lashes and accessories and basically take no room in your suitcase or beautycase.
And, if you’re a makeup lover and want to save even more space, this Eco Friendly Tote Bag (you can find it here for $3.00 USD) is the coolest thing ever. Continue reading
What I love about House of Lashes is not only the amazing quality of their lashes or the variety of styles they offer, but also the fact that they do really care about their customer satisfaction.
They decided to create a line, called the Mini Collection, featuring some of their most famous and iconic styles. It is dedicated to those who want to go for a more natural look for day wear and/or for those who need a smaller lash for a perfect fit and wear.
Here’s how the Mini Collection is described on their official website:
“Your favorite lashes have been miniaturized! Our Iconic®, Boudoir, Siren™ and Wispy lashes have been scaled down by shortening the lash band and lash length to create a more comfortable fit for those with smaller eyes or for those who want a more natural look and feel from some of their favorite lashes! Each lash is structured like the original so you can get the same drama from your lashes while increasing the ease of daily wear“.
One of the most famous HOL lash styles is definitely Iconic, described as showstopping lash that combines a dynamic V-formation effect with a criss-cross pattern.
“Our Iconic Mini’s are structured like the originals with the same dynamic v-formation and crisscross pattern that gives these lashes their flair that now feature shorter lashes for ease of daily wear”.
As you can see in the picture below, there’s an evident diffence, in terms of drama and dimensions, between the original Iconic lashes and the Iconic Mini.
The Iconic Mini are shorter and obviously result less dramatic, compared to the original ones, but the “wow” effect is guaranteed .
As you may know, I’m a palette junkie and, speaking of palettes, one of my favorite brand is Makeup Addiction, because I literally and genuinely love their products, especially their palettes.
As I wrote in the Flaming Love Palette article and in the Vintage Palette one , I can definitely tell when I like something, because I start using it on repeat.
And this happened with the Meadow Palette.
Here’s how the palette is described on the official Makeup Addiction website:
“The ‘Meadow’ Eyeshadow Palette consists of 8 highly pigmented shadows, that range from cool to warm tones including bold metallic colours which compliment each other”.
Palette Composition and Shades
The palette is composed by eight eyeshadows that I personally like to consider pressed pigments.
Three are matte, while the other ones have a metallic finish. One of the metallic shades has a duo chrome effect.
- Sandstone – Described as a “metallic peachy beige, think bubbly“, Sandstone is a great highlighting shade. It has a very nice champagne sheen.
- Sweet Peach – Described as a “matte medium peach beige, think yummy peaches“, Sweet Peach is the perfect warm transition shade. I even used it as a peachy blush recently.
- Dusk – Described as a “matte dark burnt orange, think terracotta“, Dusk is definitely my favorite reddish matte and blends like a dream.
- Slate Green – Described as a “metallic duo chrome green with blue/brown, think slate“, Slate Green is a very particular blue/green metallic shade with a duochrome effect.
- Bronzed Leaf – Described as a “metallic bronze, think egyptian goddess“, Bronzed Leaf is a warm medium bronzed gold. The pigmentation and creaminess of this shade is insane, literally insane!
- Pink Blossom – Described as a “metallic peachy pink, think romance“, Pink Blossom is a cool bubblegum pink with a metallic finish. Love to pair this one with Sweet Peach and Sandstone for a romantic look.
- Poison Ivy – Described as a “metallic moss green, think nature“, Poison Ivy is a medium rich olive green, almost a dupe for MAC’s Humid, but way more pigmented.
- Crushed Blueberry – Described as a “matte dark teal blue, think mysterious sky“, Crushed Blueberry is a matte teal blue. I have a lot of matte blue shades, but the majority of the them applies patchy and sheer. This one doesn’t have this kind of problems at all. It’s very versatile. Some days ago I mixed it with a dark grey and I applied Slate Green on the lid. Amazing combo!
As you can see, this Continue reading
There are very exciting news for all the Urban Decay lovers out there!
It’s been recently announced on the UD official Instagram page that a new Naked Palette, the Naked Ultimate Basics, will be launched on September 18th.
Here’s what Urban Decay founder Wende Zomnir commented about it on Instagram:
“You asked for it…The ultimate range of matte neutrals. Done the Naked way. 12 all new exclusive shades of eye shadow. Yes, this is real: there is a brand-new Urban Decay Naked Palette, and it’s coming soon!”
The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette only contains matte shadows and features 12 all new neutral shades, combining both warm undertoned shades to cold undertoned ones.
The shade selection looks amazing. It’s like Continue reading
Some time ago I got the chance to try some products. Some of them are from the brand Freedom, some are from B. (that stands for Beautiful) and one is from Superdrug.
- Strobe Cream (you can get it here for £8.00). Here’s how it’s described:
“Freedom Pro Studio Strobe Cream provides the most subtle and natural illumination and highlighting for the skin. Wear in targeted areas to bring the strobe highlighting effect, or all over for an illuminating base. Can be worn underneath makeup or on top for extra highlighting”.
The cream has a gorgeous consistency. It feels very light and provides a subtle luminous look. I like to wear it as a primer when i use a lightweight foundation. The skin doesn’t feel oily or greasy and the luminous effect is, I repeat, very natural.
I’ve heard someone compare this to the MAC Strobe Cream, but I find the two quite different honestly. MAC’s is much more luminous, pinker and has a slightly “greasy” ( effect on the face that i like for some looks). The Freedom is much more pearly, natural and absorbs quite rapidly. I like them both, but differently.
As you can see, the skin is left slightly more uniform, brighter and dry (not in a bad way).
- Pro Contour Kit (you can get it here for £3.50).
This kit is composed by two shades, a lighter one and a darker one. The finish is Continue reading
Some time ago I talked about a cool way to store false lashes, the Lash Story by House of Lashes.
Lash Story is a lash case that resembles a book and basically allows you to organize and store multiple pairs of lashes and save space.
Well, now House of Lashes released a newer and bigger version, the Lash Story Pro Edition.
Here’s how it’s described on the official website:
Need more space for your lash stash? This pro edition Lash Story book should be on your beauty must-have list! Our chic Lash Story Pro holds 22 pairs of lashes and a special spot for two HOL Lash Adhesive bottles. A wonderful keepsake to add to your Lash Library, fitting for any avid lash collector or beauty enthusiast! With magnetic closures this book is easy to open, close and organize your lash stash. Made from paper and plastic products, fully recyclable.
This Pro Edition allows you to store up to 22 pairs of lashes and two full size lash glues. compared to the original Lash Story that can contain 10 pairs of lashes and two mini glues.
As i said in the first Lash Story post, I love false lashes and they’re stable items in my kit. Lash boxes are pretty, but take too much space and, since most of them tends to look alike, it can happen to lose quite a lot time to find the style I’m looking for and order them again.
A lash book is a great idea and allows you to Continue reading
Exciting news for the Makeup Addiction lovers! The brand has released and added to their line two new products: the Meadow Eyeshadow Palette and the highlighting Holy Glow Palette Vol. 1.
Full reviews are coming soon, but, in the meantime, let’s take a look!
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
The ‘Meadow’ Eyeshadow Palette consists of 8 highly pigmented shadows, that range from cool to warm tones including bold metallic colours which compliment each other. Each shadow weighs 3.5g.
- Sandstone– Metallic peachy beige, think bubbly.
- Sweet Peach – Matte medium peach beige, think yummy peaches.
- Dusk – Matte dark burnt orange, think terracotta.
- Slate Green– Metallic duo chrome green with blue/brown, think slate.
- Bronzed Leaf– Metallic bronze, think egyptian goddess.
- Pink Blossom – Metallic peachy pink, think romance.
- Poison Ivy– Metallic moss green, think nature.
- Crushed Blueberry – Matte dark teal blue, think mysterious sky.
Holy Glow Palette Vol.1
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
The Holy Glow Vol 1 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body. CRUELTY FREE. PARABEN FREE. 3.5g.
- White diamond– A silver reflective diamond white
- Pink champagne – A pearlescent pink with gold
- Golden beam– A light reflecting gold with white sheen
- Sun kissed– A radiant metallic champagne
All the shades, color selection and packaging look lovely. Can’t wait to get my hands on them! They never disappoint with their products. Their eyeshadow palettes are phenomenal and stables in my kit! For more:
Flaming Love Palette
Come check me out on Instagram at @sparkleoflight 🙂