On my Instagram i often get asked about the brushes i use to achieve my looks.
I really like to switch products and try new things to see what works best for me, but there are things that I always tend to reach for and there are four brushes that I basically use every single time and that are part of this set.
This is the Ultimate Eye Set by Makeup Addiction Cosmetics and is composed by twelve pieces, some made of synthetic fibers an some made of natural hair. Let’s take a closer look!
- Duo Fibre Blender – Described as a “soft domed tapered blending brush designed for sweeping colour back & forth for a well diffused effect”. It’s a very nice brush for a diffused and soft blending.
- Smudge – Described as a “short rounded brush very effective for creating a smokey effect by smudging shadow or liner on the upper & lower lash line”. This is one of my favorites! Love this to apply and blend the eyeshadow on the lower lashline to obtain a very nice “grungy” effect. I also use it to smudge and diffuse creamy khols or to apply wet pigments on the lid.
- Large Shader – Described as a “soft but firm bristles perfect for applying eyeshadow swiftly and evenly onto the lid”. This is another favorite! I use this to apply eyeshadow, concealer and powder to set the under-eye concealer. Continue reading
Some days ago i talked about the Makeup Addiction Flaming Love Palette here and the new False Lashes and Tweezers here.
Now I want to continue with a brush set that I’ve been trying for a while, the Beauty by JJ Brush Set.
This brush collection is made in collaboration with YouTuber Jennie Jenkins and is composed by eight pieces: four face brushes and four eye brushes.
- Precision Powder – Described as a “multipurpose dome shaped brush designed to precisely apply your powder, bronzer, contour and highlight”. Bristles are soft and not too dense. I love to use this to dust the powder. I also use it to softly apply my blush.
- Blush – Described as a brush with “a rounded shaped arrangement of the bristles for a perfect cheeck application”. It’s a great brush to apply bronzer and blush.
- Master Stippler – Described as a “dense and rounded duo fibre brush, ideal for applying liquid and cream products. It provides a full coverage and well blended effect”. I use this one to apply my Double Wear foundation, it applies it in a more sheer and natural way.
- Small Contour – Described as a “a dense and rounded brush perfect for applying a chiselled contour with powder products and blending it in. It can also be used to apply bronzer and blush“. Love this to enhance my cheeckbones.
They’re four Continue reading
If you’re into makeup and into Instagram, you probably heard of a famous brand called Makeup Addiction (previously known as Hair and Makeup Addiction).
They are specialized in brushes, selling both sets and individual pieces. With all the success they reached, the brand recently decided to revamp their website and collections.
I got the chance to try their new Glam Me Up eye brush set and, since I’ve been using them everyday since i got them, i decided to share my experience with you.
How is this set composed?
The Glam Me Up brush set is composed by eight pieces. It’s a basic set that contains everything you may need to obtain any eye makeup look and more.These three brushes are meant to be Continue reading