October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and House of Lashes came out with a new lash style called Knockout to raise awareness on this disease.
“Knockout your next makeup look with House of Lashes NEW Knockout lashes! During the month of October, House of Lashes is teaming up with Keep a Breast to KNOCKOUT Breast Cancer! With the purchase of every Knockout lash, House of Lashes will donate $1 to the Keep a Breast Foundation.
Full density with medium volume, these false lashes have a rounded tapered style that are stacked & multi dimensional. The perfect way to K.O. your makeup look giving off the appearance of rounded and gorgeous eyes sure to defeat whatever the day or night might bring you! Varied lengths across this lash provide a dense yet natural appearance making these lashes easy to transition from day to night!
Hand made from 100% cruelty-free synthetic hair.
The Knockout lashes are part of one the permanent lines, the Premium Luxe.
They provide medium length and volume. The lash band isn’t clear, but still very flexible and the lashes feel very lightweight throughout the wear.
I really like their versatility, because you can either go for a natural look or a more night appropriate one with them, depending from how natural or dramatic you go for with your make up. Continue reading
As you may know, I’m a palette junkie and, speaking of palettes, one of my favorite brand is Makeup Addiction, because I literally and genuinely love their products, especially their palettes.
As I wrote in the Flaming Love Palette article and in the Vintage Palette one , I can definitely tell when I like something, because I start using it on repeat.
And this happened with the Meadow Palette.
Here’s how the palette is described on the official Makeup Addiction website:
“The ‘Meadow’ Eyeshadow Palette consists of 8 highly pigmented shadows, that range from cool to warm tones including bold metallic colours which compliment each other”.
Palette Composition and Shades
The palette is composed by eight eyeshadows that I personally like to consider pressed pigments.
Three are matte, while the other ones have a metallic finish. One of the metallic shades has a duo chrome effect.
- Sandstone – Described as a “metallic peachy beige, think bubbly“, Sandstone is a great highlighting shade. It has a very nice champagne sheen.
- Sweet Peach – Described as a “matte medium peach beige, think yummy peaches“, Sweet Peach is the perfect warm transition shade. I even used it as a peachy blush recently.
- Dusk – Described as a “matte dark burnt orange, think terracotta“, Dusk is definitely my favorite reddish matte and blends like a dream.
- Slate Green – Described as a “metallic duo chrome green with blue/brown, think slate“, Slate Green is a very particular blue/green metallic shade with a duochrome effect.
- Bronzed Leaf – Described as a “metallic bronze, think egyptian goddess“, Bronzed Leaf is a warm medium bronzed gold. The pigmentation and creaminess of this shade is insane, literally insane!
- Pink Blossom – Described as a “metallic peachy pink, think romance“, Pink Blossom is a cool bubblegum pink with a metallic finish. Love to pair this one with Sweet Peach and Sandstone for a romantic look.
- Poison Ivy – Described as a “metallic moss green, think nature“, Poison Ivy is a medium rich olive green, almost a dupe for MAC’s Humid, but way more pigmented.
- Crushed Blueberry – Described as a “matte dark teal blue, think mysterious sky“, Crushed Blueberry is a matte teal blue. I have a lot of matte blue shades, but the majority of the them applies patchy and sheer. This one doesn’t have this kind of problems at all. It’s very versatile. Some days ago I mixed it with a dark grey and I applied Slate Green on the lid. Amazing combo!
As you can see, this Continue reading
There are very exciting news for all the Urban Decay lovers out there!
It’s been recently announced on the UD official Instagram page that a new Naked Palette, the Naked Ultimate Basics, will be launched on September 18th.
Here’s what Urban Decay founder Wende Zomnir commented about it on Instagram:
“You asked for it…The ultimate range of matte neutrals. Done the Naked way. 12 all new exclusive shades of eye shadow. Yes, this is real: there is a brand-new Urban Decay Naked Palette, and it’s coming soon!”
The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette only contains matte shadows and features 12 all new neutral shades, combining both warm undertoned shades to cold undertoned ones.
The shade selection looks amazing. It’s like Continue reading