Back in September I talked about a very interesting highlighter palette, the Holy Glow Vol.1 by a brand that I really admire and happily support, Makeup Addiction Cosmetics.
Now it’s time for me to talk about the Vol. 2!
Here’s how it’s described on their official website:
“The Holy Glow Vol 2 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body”.
- Pink Flamingo – Described as an “iridescent reflective pink duochrome”, Pink Flamingo is an amazing duochrome shade! It’s a light pink with a soft lilac sheen.
- Champagne Fizz – Described as a “soft peachy champagne”, Champagne Fizz is a classic pink/peachy highlighter. Love to layer this one on top of the blush.
- Mermaid Mist – Described as a “light reflecting white with green sheen”, Mermaid Mist is for me the most exciting shade on the palette with Pink Flamingo. It has a pearl white base with a mint green sheen. So lovely .
- Sunset Bronze – Described as a “luminous golden bronze”, Sunset Bronze has an outstanding pigmentation and is a very luminous bronze, perfect for the deeper skin tones.
L-R: Champagne Fizz, Pink Flamingo, Mermaid Mist and Sunset Bronze (sunlight).
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and House of Lashes came out with a new lash style called Knockout to raise awareness on this disease.
“Knockout your next makeup look with House of Lashes NEW Knockout lashes! During the month of October, House of Lashes is teaming up with Keep a Breast to KNOCKOUT Breast Cancer! With the purchase of every Knockout lash, House of Lashes will donate $1 to the Keep a Breast Foundation.
Full density with medium volume, these false lashes have a rounded tapered style that are stacked & multi dimensional. The perfect way to K.O. your makeup look giving off the appearance of rounded and gorgeous eyes sure to defeat whatever the day or night might bring you! Varied lengths across this lash provide a dense yet natural appearance making these lashes easy to transition from day to night!
Hand made from 100% cruelty-free synthetic hair.
The Knockout lashes are part of one the permanent lines, the Premium Luxe.
They provide medium length and volume. The lash band isn’t clear, but still very flexible and the lashes feel very lightweight throughout the wear.
I really like their versatility, because you can either go for a natural look or a more night appropriate one with them, depending from how natural or dramatic you go for with your make up. Continue reading
Some time ago I got the chance to try some lashes by Canadian brand Model 21 Lashes.
I tried three different styles, the #6, #08 and #19 lashes.
Each pack of lashes contains 10 pairs, thing that I think is very convenient for users, especially professionals.
The #6 lashes can almost be considered corner lashes. They’re long (especially in the end) volumizing and provide a nice elongation to the eyes. They’re short compared to my lashline.
The glue excess is easily removable.
The #6 lashes have a nice criss cross pattern and are lightweight.
I recommend these corner lashes to people with medium/long lashes, because the transition from real to fake would otherwise be too evident; however, I like to use individual false lashes to help them blend in better.
Out of all Continue reading
I recently talked about some new Makeup Addiction Releases like the Meadow Palette and the Light Reflecting Loose Powder in Turkish Delight. Another newly released product is the Holy Glow Vol.1 Highlighter Palette.
Here’s how it’s described on the official website:
“The Holy Glow Vol 1 Highlighter Palette is a collection of 4 highly pigmented shades for a true glow that will suit all skin tones. Use a light hand with our highlighting brushes. Layer for a multidimensional glow or use alone on all areas of the face or body.”
- White Diamond – Described as a “silver reflective diamond white“, White Diamond is a cool white highlighter that resembles the shine of a pearl. Love this one, since my skin is light and it’s an amazing inner corner highlight .
- Pink Champagne – Described as a “pearlescent pink with gold“, Pink Champagne is almost a coral highlighter with hints on pink and gold. On deeper skin tones it looks amazing, I use it where the highlighter meets my blush to create a very subtle transition and I personally love it as an eyeshadow too.
- Golden Beam – Described as a “light reflecting gold with white sheen”, Golden Beam is a light gold highlighter, that I like to place under white diamond to create a more dimensional effect.
- Sun Kissed – Described as a “radiant metallic champagne“, Sun Kissed is a lovely champagne color. It looks awesome on a warm bronzed look paired with Golden Beam.
What I love about House of Lashes is not only the amazing quality of their lashes or the variety of styles they offer, but also the fact that they do really care about their customer satisfaction.
They decided to create a line, called the Mini Collection, featuring some of their most famous and iconic styles. It is dedicated to those who want to go for a more natural look for day wear and/or for those who need a smaller lash for a perfect fit and wear.
Here’s how the Mini Collection is described on their official website:
“Your favorite lashes have been miniaturized! Our Iconic®, Boudoir, Siren™ and Wispy lashes have been scaled down by shortening the lash band and lash length to create a more comfortable fit for those with smaller eyes or for those who want a more natural look and feel from some of their favorite lashes! Each lash is structured like the original so you can get the same drama from your lashes while increasing the ease of daily wear“.
One of the most famous HOL lash styles is definitely Iconic, described as showstopping lash that combines a dynamic V-formation effect with a criss-cross pattern.
“Our Iconic Mini’s are structured like the originals with the same dynamic v-formation and crisscross pattern that gives these lashes their flair that now feature shorter lashes for ease of daily wear”.
As you can see in the picture below, there’s an evident diffence, in terms of drama and dimensions, between the original Iconic lashes and the Iconic Mini.
The Iconic Mini are shorter and obviously result less dramatic, compared to the original ones, but the “wow” effect is guaranteed .
As you may know, I’m a palette junkie and, speaking of palettes, one of my favorite brand is Makeup Addiction, because I literally and genuinely love their products, especially their palettes.
As I wrote in the Flaming Love Palette article and in the Vintage Palette one , I can definitely tell when I like something, because I start using it on repeat.
And this happened with the Meadow Palette.
Here’s how the palette is described on the official Makeup Addiction website:
“The ‘Meadow’ Eyeshadow Palette consists of 8 highly pigmented shadows, that range from cool to warm tones including bold metallic colours which compliment each other”.
Palette Composition and Shades
The palette is composed by eight eyeshadows that I personally like to consider pressed pigments.
Three are matte, while the other ones have a metallic finish. One of the metallic shades has a duo chrome effect.
- Sandstone – Described as a “metallic peachy beige, think bubbly“, Sandstone is a great highlighting shade. It has a very nice champagne sheen.
- Sweet Peach – Described as a “matte medium peach beige, think yummy peaches“, Sweet Peach is the perfect warm transition shade. I even used it as a peachy blush recently.
- Dusk – Described as a “matte dark burnt orange, think terracotta“, Dusk is definitely my favorite reddish matte and blends like a dream.
- Slate Green – Described as a “metallic duo chrome green with blue/brown, think slate“, Slate Green is a very particular blue/green metallic shade with a duochrome effect.
- Bronzed Leaf – Described as a “metallic bronze, think egyptian goddess“, Bronzed Leaf is a warm medium bronzed gold. The pigmentation and creaminess of this shade is insane, literally insane!
- Pink Blossom – Described as a “metallic peachy pink, think romance“, Pink Blossom is a cool bubblegum pink with a metallic finish. Love to pair this one with Sweet Peach and Sandstone for a romantic look.
- Poison Ivy – Described as a “metallic moss green, think nature“, Poison Ivy is a medium rich olive green, almost a dupe for MAC’s Humid, but way more pigmented.
- Crushed Blueberry – Described as a “matte dark teal blue, think mysterious sky“, Crushed Blueberry is a matte teal blue. I have a lot of matte blue shades, but the majority of the them applies patchy and sheer. This one doesn’t have this kind of problems at all. It’s very versatile. Some days ago I mixed it with a dark grey and I applied Slate Green on the lid. Amazing combo!
As you can see, this Continue reading
There are very exciting news for all the Urban Decay lovers out there!
It’s been recently announced on the UD official Instagram page that a new Naked Palette, the Naked Ultimate Basics, will be launched on September 18th.
Here’s what Urban Decay founder Wende Zomnir commented about it on Instagram:
“You asked for it…The ultimate range of matte neutrals. Done the Naked way. 12 all new exclusive shades of eye shadow. Yes, this is real: there is a brand-new Urban Decay Naked Palette, and it’s coming soon!”
The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette only contains matte shadows and features 12 all new neutral shades, combining both warm undertoned shades to cold undertoned ones.
The shade selection looks amazing. It’s like Continue reading